Here are three things that will shorten your GoPro battery life, in descending order:
Too many features enabled: The more features you have turned on (WiFi, GPS, voice control …) the faster your battery will drain.
Cold temperature: It will drain faster if the weather or the water is cold.
- Age: And the battery life gets shorter with age.
8 Tips To Make Your GoPro Battery Last Longer
- Don’t use the extra settings (WiFi, GPS, voice control).
- Keep your batteries warm in cold weather. Consider putting them in an inside zippered pocket of your jacket.
- Turn off the screen.
- Turn off extra lights.
- Don’t use a remote or smartphone app.
- Keep Protune off (I keep Protune on – because I prefer the better image quality over a slight improvement in battery life.)
- Use a wall charger (faster and better charge than USB cable from your PC).
- Download the latest firmware.
Of course, you can also try the telesin charging kit with 3 batteries. Click here to learn more.